Beta 5.0 also for Netgears ReadyNAS NV+?

Discuss beta releases and unsupported builds here

Beta 5.0 also for Netgears ReadyNAS NV+?

Postby zwergholdrio » Thu May 08, 2008 9:13 am

Will there be a beta 5.0 for the embedded addon on a ReadyNAS NV+?

What about the general support in the future for ReadyNAS NV+?

Thanks for your valued feedback.
zwergholdrio

Re: Beta 5.0 also for Netgears ReadyNAS NV+?

Postby toddel68 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:59 am

Here's what support told when I asked for a beta release for the ReadyNAS which should solve my "large jpeg issue" http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4841 (translated from german):

>>>Sorry, but we do not support the NAS software-releases for end-users anymore. The software on our webpage is more or less a "goodwill thing". It is not sure yet if there will be any release of TM v5 for NAS devices for download or if it will only come pre-installed by OEMs.<<<

If that's true it would be a shame and is definitely causing some irritations in the ReadyNAS community already.

Thorsten
toddel68

Postby zwergholdrio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:39 am

well that's bad now... let's have a look at twonkyvision's homepage:

Top 10: Overall features
* Slim and fast
* Advanced client support
* Convenient handling of large media
* Support for major media formats
* Internet Radio
* Remote access
* Xbox 360 and PS3 support
* Multiple language support
* Highly customizable including navigation tree
* Available for major OS and NAS

Maybe twonky should remove the two Top10 feature from the above list... for me the license just got useless... sad...
zwergholdrio

Postby mule » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:52 pm

lol! "Good will thing": Never laughed that loud!

Maybe my payment was even a "good will thing", like a donation?! So, can i get a donation receipt from you? Which kind of drugs did you take before answering to this question or did you hear to much loud music on the loveparade in "berlin headquarter"?
mule

Postby gimp » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:21 pm

toddel68 wrote:Here's what support told when I asked for a beta release for the ReadyNAS which should solve my "large jpeg issue" http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4841 (translated from german):

>>>Sorry, but we do not support the NAS software-releases for end-users anymore. The software on our webpage is more or less a "goodwill thing". It is not sure yet if there will be any release of TM v5 for NAS devices for download or if it will only come pre-installed by OEMs.<<<

If that's true it would be a shame and is definitely causing some irritations in the ReadyNAS community already.

Thorsten

I heard this a while ago. Does anyone know if there are any other 3rd party DLNA servers for the ReadyNAS NV+?
gimp

Postby turls » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:06 pm

At least offer me a refund, if you are dropping support for Netgear/Infrant ReadyNAS. What a slap in the face. The ReadyNAS guys (the same Infrant guys you've worked with for years) have to "bless" everything you do anyway, so they are already doing some of the work. The ReadyNAS should not be providing support headaches. If some new features require more horsepower, so be it, disable them. I already have never been able to transcode with my NAS anyway.
turls

Postby toddel68 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:17 am

Even more sad: with the release of 4.4.6 they even dropped support for the 4.x.x version for Netgear ReadyNAS. The latest version for ReadyNAS was 4.4.5. I'd really like to have an official statement by TwonkyMedia. If they are discontinuing support for NAS why is it only the Netgear devices that are neglected? Staring to get p****d.
Thorsten
toddel68

Postby turls » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:42 pm

toddel68 wrote:Even more sad: with the release of 4.4.6 they even dropped support for the 4.x.x version for Netgear ReadyNAS. The latest version for ReadyNAS was 4.4.5. I'd really like to have an official statement by TwonkyMedia. If they are discontinuing support for NAS why is it only the Netgear devices that are neglected? Staring to get p****d.
Thorsten

To be fair, that .bin may eventually end up on Infrant's site. There is always a delay between Twonky releasing a version and the Infrant version. If it isn't there in the next week or so, that's a pretty good clue that the 2 companies aren't working together any more.
turls

Postby DTomlinson » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi,

4.4.6 is now on Twonky Site Date Code 9th Aug (So only just compiled) - Installed on RAIDiator™ v3.01c1-p6 and OK.

Also Beta 5.0 is available from Netgears Site http://www.readynas.com/contributed/sup ... a5_1.2.bin but needs 4.1.3 (Will try on my other box which runs RAIDiator 4.1.3-T136 later)

Hope this helps.

David
DTomlinson

Postby mgillespie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 am

turls wrote:To be fair, that .bin may eventually end up on Infrant's site. There is always a delay between Twonky releasing a version and the Infrant version. If it isn't there in the next week or so, that's a pretty good clue that the 2 companies aren't working together any more.

Or more likely, Infrant are not prepared to waste their resources in building beta releases, and simply wait for the finals.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.
mgillespie

Postby toddel68 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:44 am

mgillespie wrote:Or more likely, Infrant are not prepared to waste their resources in building beta releases, and simply wait for the finals.

If they did provide betas more often they would be able able to correct mistakes like providing add-ins that use the same ports. TM is now on port 9000 which is also used by SqueezeCenter thus blocking it.
BTW: The name is Netgear now :mrgreen:
toddel68

Postby turls » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:48 pm

mgillespie wrote:
turls wrote:To be fair, that .bin may eventually end up on Infrant's site. There is always a delay between Twonky releasing a version and the Infrant version. If it isn't there in the next week or so, that's a pretty good clue that the 2 companies aren't working together any more.

Or more likely, Infrant are not prepared to waste their resources in building beta releases, and simply wait for the finals.

They've never done betas (even what is available now is done by an independent 3rd party, so I'm confused how that relationship works). 4.4.6 isn't a beta. That's what i was referring to.
turls

Return to Beta/Unsupported Builds